Facebook is the most popular social media platform. This means that it is one of the best places to find and engage with readers. If you haven’t set up a Facebook Author Page yet, here are some step by step instructions for how to get started.
How to Create an Author Page
To create a Facebook author page you will need to start with a personal Facebook account.
- Click the “Plus” button at the top right of your Facebook account.
- Select “Page” from the drop-down.
- You will then be prompted to enter the name of your page, the page category, and a description. We recommend naming the page your name or pen name, and using the category “author.”
- Click “Create Page.”
- Upload a profile photo for your page. We recommend using a headshot so readers can see you and know you are a real person.
- Next, upload a cover photo. For this, many authors will include images of their books or a scene that relates to their genre.
- Hit “Save.” And your page is created. Make sure to fill out your “about” section and add links to your author website and books so readers can easily follow you.
Check out our recommendations for optimizing your page here.
Some examples of great Facebook author profiles are:
Note how her header photo promotes her new series, and her bio talks about the type of books she writes.
Harlan’s header photo is a perfect example of how to use your header photo as an advertising opportunity.
You can use tools like Canva to create images that are the right sizes for Facebook, to optimize your readers’ ability to read and share them across both mobile and desktop.
Now it’s time to get social and start connecting!