Written Word Media is hiring a production content specialist. If you are interested in online operations, email marketing, and books or media, this job is for you. This is a perfect opportunity to work at a Durham-based startup in the American Underground, learn from Harvard and Duke MBAs and gain valuable experience in startup operations, email marketing and customer support. Training is provided for all candidates.
Here’s what you will do:
- Screen incoming books to make sure they meet policy requirements and have the right genre fit.
- Do quick re-writes of book descriptions to make edits for grammar, flow, and length.
- Create daily deal emails for ebooks that go out to hundreds of thousands of readers every day.
- Email creation includes writing short descriptions for each book, linking to appropriate retailers and deploying the email to the correct subscriber base in MailChimp. (training provided, no coding required).
- Create, edit and schedule content to social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram).
- Provide customer support to independent authors and publishers via email.
- Maintain hygiene of advertising inventory system by updating available inventory, entering data for books and running ad hoc analysis.
- Learn how to efficiently and effectively operate the day-to-day functions of a web brand.
- Enjoy a supportive, upbeat atmosphere in the heart of downtown Durham.
The perfect candidate will:
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment.
- Be highly efficient with a track record of getting tasks done with low error-rates.
- Be detail oriented, organized, and attentive.
- Have the ability to write in a professional email tone, and aspire provide the best customer service to authors.
- Have a positive, team player attitude.
- Have terrific writing and editing skills.
- Be comfortable with technology and the web.
Additional Useful Skills:
- Prior experience using WordPress, MailChimp and Social Media
- Love of books and reading
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Startup company, you’ll deal directly with the company’s leadership providing a unique learning opportunity
- Opportunity for rapid growth into more senior positions as the company grows.
- Located in the Google for Entrepreneurs Hub in Durham.
- Fun atmosphere full of helpful, hardworking people.
- Free coffee and access to free training and networking events.
This is a temporary position that may become full time for the right candidate. An additional 2-3 hours of weekend work is required every 3rd weekend.Apply for this Job
About Written Word Media
Written Word Media is a Durham-based startup that runs multiple web properties focused on books and reading. Learn more at http://www.writtenwordmedia.com.