Written Word Media is hiring a full-time digital marketing manager to run the day to day PPC, SEM and Content Marketing operations at Written Word Media. This is a hands-on position for someone who loves marketing and data. It’s also a great opportunity to work at a Durham-based startup in the American Underground, learn from Harvard and Duke MBAs and gain valuable experience in digital marketing.
Here’s what you will do:
- Plan and execute ad campaigns across Facebook, Google, Amazon and other ad platforms with a focus on acquiring customers and lowering CPAs
- Design and deploy an SEO strategy across all brands, including creating keyword universes and writing optimized content
- Oversee and contribute to the management and production of a variety of content for our digital and social media platforms
- Lead the creation and optimization of email lifecycles and workflows to drive user engagement, retention, and conversion
- Monitor, measure and report on marketing activities, trends and campaign results
- Facilitate and manage existing marketing partnerships and pursue new partnerships
- Engage with authors, bloggers and the literary community
- Enjoy a supportive, upbeat atmosphere in the heart of downtown Durham
The perfect candidate will:
- Have proven success developing and implementing tactical digital marketing plans
- Have experience running campaigns in Google Adwords and Facebook Ads Manager
- Have experience building and managing email lists and email marketing campaigns
- Possess analytical skills. We are a data-driven organization, and you must be prepared to understand metrics and use them to refine strategy
- Be detail oriented, organized, and attentive
- Have prior experience using WordPress, Mailchimp and Google Analytics
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment
- Have superior writing and editing skills
- Startup company, you’ll deal directly with the company’s leadership providing a unique learning opportunity
- Opportunity for rapid growth into more senior positions as the company grows.
- Located in the Google for Entrepreneurs Hub in Durham.
- Generous benefits package
- Fun atmosphere full of helpful, hardworking people.
- Free books, snacks and coffee and access to free training and networking events.
This is a salaried position with benefits.Apply for this Job
About Written Word Media
At Written Word Media we believe books are a force for good in this world. We empower authors and publishers to reach their audience and help readers find their next great book Written Word Media has served over 35,000 authors many of whom are self-published, and also works with major publishers and small presses. Written Word Media has a combined audience of over 800,000 readers who receive email recommendations based on their genre and device preferences. Learn more at http://www.writtenwordmedia.com.